vollständige Bewerbung Kurzbewerbung mit Anschreiben mit Lebenslauf mit Lichtbild mit Zeugnissen
Neural Circuits 0228 / 9656-190
Link zur Homepage
Ph.D. position (m/f)
in neuroscience / neurophotonics / computational
Stiftung caesar -
Biologie, Chemie, Neurologie
We are looking for highly motivated scientists interested in studying the role of neural network function across be-havioral states. Multiple positions are available immediately.
- You have a strong background in neuroscience or biophysics and are interested in using modern two-photon imaging, optogenetics, electrophysiology and virtual reality techniques to investigate neural networks in behaving fruit flies or mice. We are particularly interested in the impact of neuromodulators on adaptive neural circuits and their role in health and disease.
- You have a strong background in physical and optical sciences and are interested in developing and applying optical tools for neuroscience.
What we expect from you (depending on position):
- A Masters/PhD with a strong quantitative background in neuroscience and/or biophysics.
- A Masters/PhD with a strong background in physics, optics/photonics, and/or engineering.
- Candidates from related fields (such as physics, engineering or chemistry) are also encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in programming languages (Matlab, LabView, c++, Python) and the willingness to hone programming skills is preferred.
- Knowledge of the German language is not a requirement.
Caesar is certified by audit berufundfamilie.
Anzahl der Plätze:
Angaben zum Unternehmen
Caesar is a Neuroscience research institute associated with the Max Planck Society and is located in Bonn, Germany. Caesar’s research is interdisciplinary with scientists from various research areas working together on the topics of cellular signal processing and the neural foundations of behavior. This ranges from studying the behavior of single-cell organisms to studying one of the key questions of neuroscience: how does neuronal activity give rise to complex and goal-directed behavior?
Forschung und Entwicklung im Bereich Biotechnologie